Apple caramel cake
14 November 2017
- 390g flour
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 150g canned caramel (dulce de leche)
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 400g apples, shredded
- 450g canned caramel (dulce de leche)
- 200g butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease three 20cm round pans and line bottoms with a baking paper. If you have only one round pan, just use it three times.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs with sugar, oil, and caramel. Add flour and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Add walnuts and apples, mix until everything is incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between pans, bake for 30 minutes, until the wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the layers cool completely before assembling.
- For the cream, beat butter until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes. Add caramel and beat until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 of cream on a first layer. Top with the second layer. Spread another 1/4 of cream. Place the third layer on top and spread the thick layer of the rest 1/2 of cream on top and the sides of the cake. Then dab with a spatula or a back of the spoon to create a texture.
Incredibly moist and flavourful apple caramel cake!