Apple cinnamon buns
19 August 2016
- 250g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g cold butter
- 175ml milk
- 75g butter
- 65g brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 medium apples
- 50ml maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Dice cold butter and add to flour mixture. Rub with fingers until sandy texture.
- Add milk and mix until it forms into a dough.
- Put on a lightly floured surface or a silicone mat, and knead 6-8 times.
- Cling film the dough and set aside.
- For the filling peel apples and cut them into small cubes. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and mix until all the apple pieces are covered in it.
- On a lightly floured surface or a silicone mat roll out the dough into a rectangle about 3mm thin.
- Brush the top with 1 tbsp of melted butter (save the rest, you’re gonna need it later!) and spread the apple filling.
- Starting at the long side, tightly roll the dough up. Cut into approximately 7 pieces (quantity depends on a cutting size).
- Place the remaining melted butter into a small saucepan, add maple syrup and bring to the boil.
- Pour it in a round cake pan. Then put all the pieces cut side up.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then place a plate on top and quickly turn it upside down. Remove pan carefully.
No-yeast cinnamon buns with apples and maple glaze.