Easter carrot cake cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 140g sugar
- 60g brown sugar
- 60g applesauce
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 200g shredded carrots
- 100g chopped pecans or walnuts
Mascarpone cream cheese frosting:
- 120g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g mascarpone, room temperature
- 60g butter, room temperature
- 150g icing sugar
- food colouring (optional)
Chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- In one bowl whisk eggs with sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl sift together flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add dry mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Add shredded carrots and chopped nuts and mix well.
- Divide the batter between paper cases, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let them cool.
- For the frosting, beat together cream cheese, mascarpone, and butter. Add sifted icing sugar and mix well. Add colour if you want, pipe frosting on top of each cupcake and decorate with chocolate eggs and bunnies.
Last year I shared with you the recipe for Easter carrot cake. This year I decided to go for cupcakes.
These soft and flavourful carrot cupcakes are topped with not too sweet mascarpone cream cheese frosting and decorated with cute little chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs.