Eggnog bundt cake
- 190g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 225g sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180ml eggnog
- 125g powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease one large bundt cake pan or four small ones with a non-stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, then add softened butter and mix until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl combine together eggs, vanilla extract, and eggnog.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture gradually while mixing on a medium speed. When everything is added, mix on a high speed for a couple of seconds until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the bundt cake pan, or divide between four small ones, and bake for 50-55 minutes for the big one, or 40-45 minutes for small ones.
- For the glaze mix powdered sugar with eggnog and pour over the tops of cooled bundt cakes. Sprinkle with a pinch of grated nutmeg.
For those of you who are not a big fan of eggnog, for those who love eggnog but have too many left, and for those who love eggnog so much that it’s not enough to just drink it, – here is the recipe for eggnog bundt cake with eggnog glaze.