Fruitcake brownie cookie
9 December 2020
- 120g mixed dried fruit
- 45ml brandy
- 45ml dark rum
- 115g butter
- 225g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 150g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- In a saucepan mix dried fruit with alcohol and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Melt butter with chocolate and let it cool slightly.
- Whisk flour with baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add egg and sugar to the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until incorporated. Stir in dried fruit together with the liquid.
- Spoon the mixture onto a prepared pan and bake for 11-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on a tray for a couple of minutes.
Today we’re making these gooey boozy brownie-like cookies with mixed dried fruit.
For a kid-friendly version use grape or apple juice instead of alcohol, and reduce the sugar amount by 10-20g.