- 80ml double cream
- 1.5 tsp gingerbread spice mix
- 170g milk chocolate
- 30g gingerbread cookies
Gingerbread spice mix:
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- Prepare gingerbread spice mix. Mix all the spices together and transfer into a glass jar or an airtight container. You’ll need this spice mix for a couple of more recipes this month.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream with spices over medium heat until steaming but not boiling.
- Add chocolate and let it melt for about 30 seconds, then start stirring with a spatula. Mix until smooth and silky. If there are still some chocolate pieces left, gently melt it over medium heat, stirring constantly, until everything is melted. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 6 hours until set.
- Crush gingerbread cookies into fine crumbs. Scoop truffle mixture (about 1-1.5 tsp per truffle) and roll into balls. Then roll each truffle in crushed cookies. Keep refrigerated.
Today’s recipe requires no baking. Just some chilling time. It’s a very simple and easy recipe that you can make with kids. These gingerbread truffles make a great festive dessert for your guests or a nice handmade gift for someone.