8 December 2017
- 230g butter, softened
- 330g molasses
- 100g sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 450g flour
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl cream together butter with molasses, sugar, and brown sugar.
- In another bowl sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Form a log, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line baking tray with parchment.
- Thinly slice cookies with a sharp knife or with dental floss. Check out this video for clear instructions.
- Place cookies on a tray about 2cm apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let them cool.
Sometimes simple things can make a very nice gift. Like these gingersnaps. Just put them in a box and tie with a festive ribbon to make a little homemade gift for someone.