Pumpkin bread with pecan streusel
- 300g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 200g sugar
- 250g pumpkin puree
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g chopped pecans
- 60g butter, cold and diced
- 100g brown sugar
- 40g chopped pecans
- 40g flour
- 20g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease a loaf pan and line it with a piece of parchment.
- In one bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, except sugar.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Fold in chopped pecans.
- For the streusel, mix together all the dry ingredients, add cold butter and rub it with your fingertips until sandy texture. Mix in chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle a thick layer of streusel on top, and bake for 50-60 minutes until the streusel is golden brown and the wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This soft and moist pumpkin bread is topped with a thick layer of crunchy and fragrant pecan streusel.
This is something that you need to make at least once this autumn! 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you try this one! And feel free to share the link to your favourite pumpkin bread recipe.