Spiced tangerine cheesecake
- 150g spiced cookies (gingerbread, speculaas, etc.)
- 80g butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 680g cream cheese
- 200g brown sugar
- 200g sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line the bottom of 23cm springform with a parchment.
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter. Press the mixture into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- For the filling beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add eggs. Mix well. Add sugar and spices, then add sour cream and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Turn the oven to 200C. Pour the filling into the springform and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 90C and bake for 40-50 minutes until the sides are firm, but still wobbly in the middle.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 2 hours.
- Top with tangerine jam.
To make classic cheesecake more festive, just use spiced cookies (speculaas, gingerbread, etc.) instead of Graham crackers for the crust, add a pinch of Christmas spices into the filling, and top it with homemade tangerine jam!