- 2 espresso shots
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp Nutella
- 1 tsp honey
- a pinch of ground ginger
- a pinch of ground cardamom
- whole nutmeg to sprinkle
- In a large cup pour two shots of espresso. Add honey and Nutella. Add in all the spices, except nutmeg, and whisk until everything is melted and incorporated well.
- Pour coffee in one cappuccino cup, or in two espresso cups (as shown on a picture), until ¾ filled.
- In a clean bowl whisk lightly two tablespoons of double cream, until it’s airy but not stiff.
- Spoon cream on top of the coffee. Use all the cream if you’re doing one cappuccino cup, or divide evenly between two espresso cups.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
Here is my first winter drink this year!
It may take a little bit longer to prepare this winter coffee than the usual one, but this one will make cold, sleepy winter morning much nicer. 🙂
If you don’t have the whole nutmeg at home, you can use ground one. It’s just that the aroma will be stronger and nicer if you sprinkle freshly grated spice on top.